Friday 7 October 2016

The end of the T-Mobile 6MONTHWEB booster

Sadly the T-Mobile £20 for 6 months Internet data offer is ending (or has ended depending on when you read this).

Not much has been made of this but I happened across mention of it on the Thinkbroadband forums.

A further well targeted Google and the sad news was confirmed.

To ensure that nobody will buy it again the price has been doubled.

In a slight breach of copyright (I see it as review) but to ensure that this change isn't airbrushed out of mobile network history this is what EE (T-Mobile) have to say on the subject:



T-Mobile pay as you go price increase
Why we're increasing your prices
We know they’re not popular but we haven’t actually increased any of our rates since 2013, and in that time the costs of running our business have continued to rise. Our EE pay as you go rates are staying the same and you can buy packs of minutes, data and texts to get even better value.
Find out more about switching seamlessly to EE by visiting one of our stores or go to ee.co.uk/movetoee.
How will I know if my price is increasing?
All customers who are impacted by the price increase will be contacted. You will receive a minimum of 30 days' written notice (via text) notifying you before the increase takes place.
What the 2016 T-Mobile pay as you go price rises mean for you
From 10 October 2016 we’ll be making changes to the costs of some internet boosters on T-Mobile.
Please see below the new charges for your internet booster:
Internet Booster
Length
Before 10 Oct 2016
From 10 Oct 2016
Blackberry monthly data booster - Unlimited browsing
30 days
£5
£12
Standard monthly data booster - not Blackberry
30 days
£5
£12
Standard 6 month data booster - not Blackberry
6 months
£20
£40
Blackberry 6 month data booster
6 months
£20
£40

From:
http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/t-mobile-price-plans/t-mobile-pay-as-you-go-price-increase

on 07/10/16


The excellent Money Saving Expert also covers the change:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2016/09/data-booster-prices-double-for-t-mobile-customers

The T-Mobile data offer was the best PAYG data offer for years (I guess I have been using it for more than 5 years) and I'm sorry to see it go. My "high score" was 2GB in a calendar month, not bad for £3.33 !

Having put £18 on the SIM to buy my last 6 Months of WEB perhaps I'll get a PAYG upgrade from Carphone Warehouse with the SIM as well before it goes in the bin.

The best offers now seem to the the EE 6GB/3 month offers which can be ebayed for less that £20 or the 3 3GB/3 months for about £10. I guess the market price of these will increase as the "6 Month Web" buyers go somewhere else.

T-Mobile "So long, and thanks for all the data"

5 comments:

  1. I've just come across this post and I think the 6monthweb is still a good offer at £40 (and I didn't know until I saw the previous relevant post that I could get as much as 1GB per month, I thought it was half that). I'm with a T-mobile scheme that gives me sufficient texts and speech for merely topping up so this is a slightly amended summation I posted in the EE forum

    Over 6 months, and comparing my present T-Mobile account, combined with a 6monthweb booster, with EE's £10 Everything pack ...



    T-Mobile EE

    Cost £60 £60

    Text unlimited unlimited

    Voice 1008 600

    Data 6GB 3GB

    Credit left over £20 none

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Haydon.

    Arguably it is still good value at £40, however at £20 it was splendid.

    EE obviously are retiring the T-Mobile brand and with it the T-Mobile offers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great offer before. not sure if I'm going to stay. I've started looking for a new internet provider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM STILL WITH THEM EVEN AFTTER THE PRICE INCREASE NOT BAD UNTIL DISCONNECT YOU THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM TO HAVE YOUR DATA PUT ON I AM USING 90 GB A MONTH NOT BAD FOR JUST £6 A MONTH UNBEATABLE I SAY ..............

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM STILL WITH THEM EVEN AFTTER THE PRICE INCREASE NOT BAD UNTIL DISCONNECT YOU THEN YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM TO HAVE YOUR DATA PUT ON I AM USING 90 GB A MONTH NOT BAD FOR JUST £6 A MONTH UNBEATABLE I SAY ..............

    ReplyDelete