Thursday 5 November 2015

The AOC i-Menu software

I have two AOC monitors, both of which are really good.

The older one has front panel controls, the newer one does not. Instead you are supposed to use an application which you install and that controls the monitor settings.

In many respects a good idea but not if you don't have the software. Sadly I didn't have the driver CD for the monitor.

The AOC website has the monitor "driver" file which is really a settings file that Windows uses.

After a bit of support assistance I was directed to the glossary page on the AOC website.

http://aoc-europe.com/en/content/glossary

This includes the key section:

i-Menu

Adjust your display settings with i-Menu software. Fine-tune luminosity, image setup, color temperature and more with a few simple clicks.

The "i-Menu software" is in blue and is a clickable link to a zip file download.

That contains the AOC i-Menu software as an exe installer. Click that and off you go.


The linked file can currently be found at:

http://aoc-europe.com/download/%252F%252Faoc-pim.s3.amazonaws.com%252FPublic%252FAOC%252FDrivers_Software_Manuals%252FSoftware%252Fi-Menu%252Fi-Menu-AOC4.3.1-setup.zip

Hope that helps someone.

Improved link:

aoc-pim.s3.amazonaws.com/Public/AOC/Drivers_Software_Manuals/Software/i-Menu/i-Menu-AOC4.3.1-setup.zip


20 comments:

  1. An absolute Godsend. Thank you so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I put it on my blog. Glad to be of service.

      Delete
  2. Thank God!! I love my new 27" monitor but couldn't find anywhere to download the file

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much. Lost the CD's that came with the monitor, assumed that the software would be easy to find online...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fixed link for modern browsers:
    aoc-pim.s3.amazonaws.com/Public/AOC/Drivers_Software_Manuals/Software/i-Menu/i-Menu-AOC4.3.1-setup.zip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for fixing the link!

      Delete
    2. Thanks I'll add your improved link.

      Delete
  6. my pc and this program says my aoc monitor is non plug and play monitor...but my ols pc detected it as plug and play as f as i remember

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Orbok, if the operating system allows you to adjust the monitor settings that's good.

    I found Windows needed the software to allow the monitor adjustments (which are generally by buttons on most monitors).

    Hence the link, but thanks for the comment anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot.
    Very helpful.
    Keep it, it's still needed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will this software allow me to adjust the sharpness of my monitors if the "image setup" is grayed out in the on screen display ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the recommended size (1920x1080) i have a wide black border that I can't change - that part of i-menu doesn't respond... nor does the auto button of the onscreen display. what have I broken?

    ReplyDelete
  11. anyone using two aoc monitors know how to get the i menu for both? at the moment the i-menu only works for one screen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have downloaded i-menu for my new monitor,it does not work nor doew the screen spliy one.Aoc have been less then helpful.Any help please ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case i-Menu was not working with my
      AOC I1659FWUX because it identified the monitor of my notebook instead of the external AOC.
      The solution is to temporary disable the laptop monitor and restart i-Menu (if it doesn't work, try to restart again i-Menu).
      If you need to change only brightness and contrast you can download ScreenBright.

      Delete