Saturday 29 October 2016

T-Mobile 6 Month Web Booster - How far can you go ?

As previously noted, I'm in the last T-Mobile 6 month Internet booster I'll ever have.

A few days away from home in a hotel with broken Internet access (no DHCP on the router - a common problem with "guest" WiFi in hotels and elsewhere) and I used the T-Mobile 6 month Internet booster for tethering various media consuming devices.

When I went away I had used about 500MB in the month (so half of the 1GB "fair use policy" allowance).

The usage quickly went up, after 24 hours a couple of GB more had been used, half way through the following day the 80% of the FUP text came. About 6 hours later the "exceeded fair use policy" text arrived.

This seems to have triggered limited download and upload speeds of about 500kb/s (perhaps a quarter of what T-Mobile 3G can achieve in peak periods from my experience).

I'm now at 5.2GB used in the calendar month for £3.33.

This is why the offer had to end !

No comments:

Post a Comment