Tuesday 27 August 2019

The ( Roland ) Edirol UA-25 and Windows 10


There are times when I discover something in the process of getting a piece of technology to work and feel the need to spread the news, this is one such occasion.

The Edirol UA-25 us a good quality sound card with (for me) the key feature of an analogue limiter built in.

You can thus feed a signal into it close to digital peak level without the risk of clipping.

However there isn't a Windows 10 driver.

A thorough Googling leads you to some excellent instructions for overcoming this at:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Getting-your-devices-to-work-with-Windows-10-m3267234.aspx#3267234


I can confirm that this worked fine on my 32 bit Windows 10 installation.

I found that just updating the unknown device with the driver (once modified) and accepting all the unsigned driver warnings was enough to overcome the problem.

I didn't need to do the switch for unsigned drivers command.

Use your Edirol UA-25 on Windows 10 and enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment